|id||Charity: quick ideas on charity. What is charity?, Should we love everyone? How to exercise charity?|
A. WHAT IS CHARITY?
1. What is charity? Charity is the virtue by which we love God and neighbor. In this article we will discuss only the charity to others. The first thing we ask is for the meaning of love, which is sometimes confusing because there are two kinds of love.
2. Types of love.- We can speak of two kinsd of love:
4. Why must love everybody? The reasons are varied:
6. Who loves more? Love actually more who want a good high grade and affection becomes higher when a good achieved for another at the expense of greater self-effort. (This allows us to appreciate the enormous love of Jesus Christ as the heaven gets us the highest good, in exchange for his own life delivered on the Cross).
7. Obstacles to the charity? The main obstacles to love are two:
8. Is there any temptations in charity? Again, there are temptations. The devil is interested in creating hatred and strife increase. Then presents to the imagination, the lapses of others corrected and augmented, and for that time will not heal wounds, also deals with the devil to refresh the memory of the indignities and weaknesses of others. Therefore, in addition to think well, we must forget slights.
B. HOW TO EXERCISE THE CHARITY?
1. Think well of others.- Avoid criticism, inside and outside. Think it will be done through ignorance or surprise, or worse, or the temptation must have been very strong. This is not to be stupid to be fooled: security measures are taken, but without bitterness or criticism. Think ill fills the soul with bitterness, at worst contagious.
2. Forget the mistakes of others.- Hatred does not hurt the enemy but the hater. Leave in his soul, sin, bitterness in his heart, and his eyes from lack of sleep. Meanwhile the enemy does not even notice. So do not retain hatred in our hearts. The more you retain more vitiating our heart.
3. Is it easy to forget? It is not easy to overlook offenses because old wounds do not heal the heart immediately. Maybe let us leave a bit of whoever is, until eventually the anger subsides, and comes slowly forgetting the offense. But trying to remove the head. It is plausible that an error causes an annoyance, but it seems excessive cumulative, so that each new neglect. implies reproach the previous, with an accounting worthy of a better cause.
4. Consider others. Serve.- Trying to make life nicer, bearing in mind their feelings. Even when it is appropriate to require, for example, the formation of the children-always can be done with education, but without yielding when consent is not required.
5. How to Succeed in what will be good for others? There is a practical formula for charity care for all as it comes to those who like them. As one who tends to fall better is oneself the above idea is similar to what is often called golden rule of love: "love thy neighbor as thyself." "Treat people the way you desire them do to you."
6. Consider those who come after? This case is very similar to the above. It adds a hint of the future, which gives much play to the delicate charity:
8. Charity more sublime? The highest and principal charity is the apostolate, which is to bring others to God. Be interested in the souls of others is to make the most good. And it shows great charity.
9. And the almsgiving? The alms is also an act of charity where someone does good, and exercises the own generosity In this case the well that communicates is economic.