|id||Heaven: quick ideas about Heaven. What prizes will we receive in Heaven? Shortcuts to reach Heaven. Should we desire it?|
A. WHAT IS HEAVEN LIKE?
1. What is Heaven? We call Heaven the state of happiness which those that die in a state of God’s grace are in. It is the verdict of prize in the Divine judgement. It is the situation of absolute enjoyment without pains or grief that is received by those who attain Holiness and present themselves before God with a soul that is clean, radiant, adorned with virtue and good deeds.
2. What prizes are there in Heaven? Heaven in itself is an eternal prize. No one can neither want to in fact sin there. Only good is loved. Those pleasures in heaven last forever, they never finish. They are usually grouped into two:
4. Are there different joys in Heaven? Yes. Those that are Holier here on earth will enjoy a more complete Happiness in Heaven. The usual example that is given is that of the containers. Imagine there are several different containers of different sizes: a glass, a bottle, a jar and a barrel. If we fill them up, but they will all be filled-up but each according to their capacity. In Heaven, we will be completely happy but each in accordance with their capacity and size of heart.
5. Will we still love our loved-ones in Heaven? All those people that are in Heaven with us will be our loved-ones, especially those that we know love and also those that did good for us. That good and all others will be shown to us in Heaven.
B. HOW DOES ONE REACH HEAVEN?
6. Is Heaven an auto-prize? In some sense, it is as each one reaches it with their own merits and good deeds. However, it is more of a fruit of the love of God. That love which he has given for free. No one can take oneself to Heaven but rather it is the Lord who takes us.
7. What path takes us to Heaven? Our Lord Jesus Christ showed us the way of life that will lead us to Heaven. We just need to put into practice His teachings. To achieve it, it is essential to count with the help of the Sacraments and Prayer.
8. Advice and shortcuts to go to Heaven? To advance quickly towards Heaven we need to:
9. Is it useful to desire Heaven? It is extremely convenient to desire Heaven as to foment Hope to see God. As well as desiring it, we should try and take some steps towards Heaven, although the journey is quicker if you where you are trying to go.
10. Is desiring Heaven not selfishness? Selfishness is an exaggerated self for oneself that goes without others. On the other hand, the desire to go to Heaven is a correct self-love (the best) and does not forget about others as the way to Heaven includes Charity, love for God, service, apostolic zeal, etc.